Thursday, December 23, 2010

tis the season

I feel sorry for the people who dont feel the way I do today. Its nearly time for me to dash of to the church to prepare final bits and pieces for our christmas eve service. Im still a little shocked that its Christmas Eve tonight, I swear we are still in august! However I am also extremely excited, jubilant, in awe and wonder and filled with the curiousity of a great mystery.

Christmas has always been exciting for me, as a child it was excitement for the presents I was to receive. Now I am excited to see the reactions to the presents that I have carefully thought out for my loved ones. Nothing gives me greater joy than showing love to the important people in my life, and Christmas is one time of year that gives a licence to decadence; and I flaunted it!

Im jubilant because its christmas and this time of year just makes me so incredibly happy. What this holiday means to the faithful is so incredible and important. How anyone could be sad about what this holiday means is baffling to me. Even those who are alone or cannot give their families the gifts they wish to should still find joy in the fact that we celebrate on this day and tomorrow that holy and divine night where Our Lord God sent his son to save us.

The awe and wonder and curiosity this holiday inspires in me is that of what happened on that night so many many years ago, why it happened, how it happened and that it all happened for me a poor, helpless sinner!

Im like a feeling junky at this time of year, I cant get enough of what it makes me feel like. I pray and hope that all may one day share in this plethera of fantastic feelings I am currently feeling, it is all for us after all.

Merry Christmas to all

No comments:

Post a Comment