Tuesday, November 30, 2010

God has smiled on me

Ive been thinking a lot lately (suprise suprise) about life; the good, the bad and the superfulous.

The good in life: EVERYTHING! the world, the amazing people in my life, music, sky, sea, animals. There is beauty everywhere, love and joy to be found in the best and most free things in this world.

The bad in life: People! Hate to break it to you, but the only thing wrong with this world is that people live here, we destroy, hate, mock, defame, and belittle each other and the world. Every tragedy boils down to human intervention.

The Superfulous in life: WORRY! Upon pondering the first few chapters of Ecclesiastes, a far more real and beneficial book than Moby Dick suggested, I came across this brilliant saying "grasping at the wind".

We all know that the wind is not tangible. We cant grab it, we can feel it, breathe it, smell scents upon it, even contain it, but grab a tangible hold?? Nope! This saying signifies the superfulous nature of worrying. Worrying does nothing but make one feel sick. Our lives are in the hands of a far greater power than our worrying.

To this end, God has smiled on me, and all of us. We dont need to worry about life because its been crafted into his perfect plan. Huge weight off my mind!

It is difficult to remember how pointless and ridiculous our worrying is; when things go wrong or we are concerned about something it is natural to worry, but it is not necessary.
Nevertheless I know that I am a happier, kinder, and calmer person when Im not worrying about how my life will turn out; Im learning to trust in my maker and know that with his guidance I will be immensely satisfied.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Em,
    do you know that the Background of your Page is German?
    That is great, well done......not for the Background, to what you wrote. I am always surprised, when you give your life in Gods Hands. I'm just experiencing this bigtime. And I don't worry, I just live and that means to try out everything God gives me. I like your sentence about you learn how to enjoy he good times, by comparing it to bad times, that is great.
    By the way you are great too.
    I'm the German and I'm out.

    ReplyDelete